UMCOR Mission Kits
Sewing Kit Assembly & Shipping Instructions
Sewing kits foster independence rather than dependence. Women can make clothing in their own size and in the style of their culture. Cottage industries often grow out of the sewing classes where women use these kits to practice valuable income-generating skills.
Sewing Kit PDF (1pp, 75K)
Sewing Kit Items Value: $18 per kit
- 3 yards of cotton or cotton-blend, solid color or print fabric (must be 3 yards of uncut fabric)
- 1 pair sewing scissors
- 1 package of needles
- 1 spool of thread
- 5-8 matching buttons
Wrap sewing notions in the fabric and place in a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
Important Kit Assembly Information
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items-nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- Box Weight. Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete 2 packing lists-one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent without delay to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.
Print Shipping Label & Packing List
HTML | PDF
Print ORM-D mark (JPG)
Small | Large
Webpage Credit: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/getconnected/supplies/