UMCOR Mission Kits
School Kit Assembly & Shipping Instructions
In some countries, children don't have books or school supplies. Many have no schoolrooms; classes are held in inadequate or half-destroyed buildings, tents, or even the open air. School kits may be these children's only educational resources.
School Kit PDF (1pp, 77K)
School Kit Items Value: $11 per kit
- 1 pair blunt scissors (rounded tip)
- 3 pads (or loose leaf) of 8 1/2" x 11" ruled paper
- 1 30-centimeter ruler
- 1 hand held pencil sharpener
- 6 unsharpened pencils with erasers
- 1 eraser, 2 1/2"
- 1 box of 24 crayons (only 24)
Prepare a 14" x 16" (finished size) cloth bag with handles and an optional closure (Velcro®, snap or button) and place items in the bag. Patterns are available from UMCOR Sager Brown or click here for a pattern that you can use.
Important Kit Assembly Information
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items-nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- Box Weight. Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete 2 packing lists-one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent without delay to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.
Print Shipping Label & Packing List
HTML | PDF
Print ORM-D mark (JPG)
Small | Large
Webpage Credit: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/getconnected/supplies/